But I Thought
Text: Matthew 10:34-39
Big Idea: The reality of what it means to be a disciple is harsh.
I. We will face _______________.
A. From the _____________.
B. From those in our _____________.
C. Even from _____________.
II. We will have to have the _____________ priorities.
A. We are commanded to _________ father and mother.
B. Yet, _____________ is to be our priority.
C. Cross-bearing is about saving _____________.
III. We will be welcoming to __________(vv 40-42).
A. First and foremost, we welcome ___________.
B. Jesus says the next we welcome is the _____________.
C. We welcome the _____________ person.
D. Even the _____________ is to be welcomed. A simple glass of water is noticed.
Challenge: We all love peace and harmony. We all want to be loved and appreciated. We all want some selectivity as to who we allow in our lives. But being a disciple - a missionary - means these luxuries are not guaranteed or even promised. Gird up our loins and get ready. What expectations do we need to adjust?
Action Step: ____________________________
Welcome To Our Church Service
Here At Shelton Christian Church
LIVE STREAMING is still available. Three ways to find us.
1. Go to Youtube.com and search For Shelton Christian Church. One option should say “Live” in red. If not showing, we are not streaming live yet.
2. Go to Facebook and to Shelton Christian Church Group and find the link there.
3. Go to www.sheltonchristian.com and find a link on the first page.
PARKING LOTS LISTENERS? Yes, the radio channel is posted on the church building. Come on in for a bulletin and the communion emblems.
COMING UP ON THE CALENDAR...
· Sunday Morning Adult Small Group - every Sunday at 9:00 a.m.
· Laura’s Theme Encouragement Meetings -(every Tuesday at 10am)
· Youth Group (every Wednesday evening, 6:30-8:00pm)
· February 10—Ladies Draw Me Close
· February 17—Men’s Gathering
· February 18-21—Kid’s Winter Retreat at PVCC for 4-6th graders
· February 26—Half Day of Prayer
For the Week of February 6
(A convenient tear-off to keep for your personal prayer time)
· SCC Mission Support— Global Vision Citadel Ministries; Care Net Pregnancy Center; Christian Evangelistic Association; Pleasant Valley Christian Camp; Habitat For Humanity; Love Inc. of Mason County; & World Outreach Ministries
· SCC Leadership—Pastor Bruce and Youth Minister Sherry, Elders, Ministry Community, Bible Teachers & Worship Leaders
· 2022 SCC Elders—Hebrews 13:17-18; Mike Woods, Rick Korver, John Blanton, Ken Keiper, Gabriel Newman, Don Kunkle, Bill Adam, Cliff Johnson and Bob Cobstill
· Our Shut-ins—Jean McMath, Virginia Howe, Olive Lanman, Elaine Adam and those staying home due to covid with babies & young ones
· Pray for those who are recovering from covid, pray that the virus will decline worldwide
· Martin, Barbara Shreib’s brother—just had heart surgery, pray for healing
· Carolyn LeCompte—continued healing from a torn retina
· Mary Wyatt—continued healing from pneumonia/congestive heart failure
· Barb Parker—continued healing
· All our troops throughout the world—pray for peace
· Gil Palmer—continued healing
· Wanda, Arnie LeCompte’s mother—continued prayer
· Pray for our country—to please God with our laws, give our leaders wisdom
· Pray for those who are struggling with anxiety
· Pray for our schools and hospitals coping to covid and staff absences
· Pray for hearts to become ready to receive Jesus
Pleasant Valley Christian Camp, Mineral, WA
(see Bruce if interested)