For the Week of February 9
(A convenient tear-off to keep for your prayer time)
· Adoration & Praise—Our Heavenly Father—1 John 3:1
· Confession—(Psalm 51, 1 John 1:9)
· Thankfulness—(1 Thess. 5:16-18)
· Supplication—(Philippians 4:6-7)
· SCC Missions Support: Global Vision Citadel Ministries; Maudi Newman—Shelton Family Center; Care Net Pregnancy Center; Christian Evangelistic Association; Pleasant Valley Christian Camp; Habitat For Humanity & Love, Inc. of Mason County
· Pray for our country to seek after God’s Righteousness
· SCC Leadership—Pastor Bruce & Youth Minister Sherry, Elders, Ministry Community, Bible Teachers & Worship Leaders
· 2020 SCC Elders—Hebrews 13:17-18, Mike Woods, Rick Korver, John Blanton, Ken Keiper, Gabriel Newman, Don Kunkle, Bill Adam, Cliff Johnson & Bob Cobstill
· The Hispanic Church here at SCC
· Our shut-ins—Helga Martin, Virginia Howe
· Linda Cobstill’s dad—given two months to live
· Pastor Bruce - continued healing
· Simon Rogers—Bob & Lorilyn Roger’s son, prayers for healing still needed
· Patience—Gil Palmer’s niece, health issues and needs a liver transplant
· Cliff Johnson’s mother, Jackie—Jackie’s care and God’s call home
· The country of Haiti—Praise! The unrest is improving! Pray for our future Haiti Mission Trip
· Hippo Valley Christian Mission in Zimbabwe—God’s continued provision
· Peace in the Middle East (Peace on earth)
· Homeless Crisis Solutions
· Climate Change Solutions
Please update your prayer requests.
Mark Your Calendars
Oh, the Pain
Text: 1 Timothy 4
Big Idea: What exactly are the ways we train in Godliness?
I. There are some ________________ things.
A. _______________ the Bible.
II. There are some more _______________ ways as well.
A. It isn’t easy to _______________ our faith - but it helps.
B. Don’t argue, but _______________ with people who have a difference of opinion.
C. Wrestle with _______________ topics.
D. _______________ theological stuff. (Not Wikipedia)
III. Don’t go it _______________.
A. Sunday School _______________.
B. Reading _______________.
C. A _______________ - Mentor.
D. Ask _______________.
Challenge: The point is, if we are going to be strong Christians, we have to work at it. We are not Christians because we are Americans. We are not Christians because we can sing “Jesus Loves Me.” We are Christians because we believe in Jesus and do our best to be like him. Were are you going to start on you godliness fitness plan?
Action Step: _______________________________
Kids Camp Bakesale Last Week
Thank you everyone!
The kids made $260 that will be applied to Camp Scholarships! Yay!