For the Week of April 11
(A convenient tear-off to keep for your
· SCC Missions Support: Global Vision Citadel Ministries; Maudi Newman—Shelton Family Center; Care Net Pregnancy Center; Christian Evangelistic Association; Pleasant Valley Christian Camp; Habitat For Humanity & Love, Inc. of Mason County
· SCC Leadership—Pastor Bruce & Youth Minister Sherry, Elders, Ministry Community, Bible Teachers & Worship Leaders
· 2021 SCC Elders—Hebrews 13:17-18, Mike Woods, Rick Korver, John Blanton, Ken Keiper, Gabriel Newman, Don Kunkle, Bill Adam, Cliff Johnson & Bob Cobstill
· Prayers for all essential workers, health care workers, police, correctional workers, military, missions workers, young families and elderly during this pandemic
· Our shut-ins—Helga Martin, Jean McMath, Virginia Howe, Olive Lanman & those elderly staying home
· Those with mental illness during this pandemic—that HOPE & PEACE break through
· Hippo Valley Christian Mission in Zimbabwe—God’s continued provision and blessings, and Bruce and Sherry’s trip this spring
· Frank DuMars—healing needed for a broken hip and hip replacement
· Elaine Adam—pray for her medicines to be worked out
· Carisa Kunkle and her Naval shipmates—safe travels until the end of April; health and safety as well
· Virginia Howe—continued healing
· The country of Haiti—health & protection for our Haitian neighbors, there is unrest there at this time
Please update your prayer requests.
Fish and a Fire
Text: John 21
Big Idea: Around a coal fire, eating fish, Jesus shares the importance of the challenge to proclaim the Gospel.
I. The ________________ in this story are significant.
A. There seems to be a gathering of past events as a ________________.
B. We have _________ – a past miracle catch and feeding of 5000/4000.
C. We have ________ – last supper, feedings again.
D. There is a coal __________ – Peter’s denial.
E. The Sea of Galilee was the scene of many ___________.
II. This story has ________________scenes.
A. The first is another ________________fish catch.
B. Then there is the ________________restoration and call.
C. The last is the ________________for Peter and John.
III. This story calls us to ________________our scene.
A. Just as Jesus provided that morning, he provides for us.
B. Just as Peter needed restored, we all, at some point _________ need restoration.
C. We all have a ________________, a future which is solely in God’s hands.
Challenge: This morning you and I are invited to join around a fire on a beach and have fish sandwiches with Jesus. He invites us to remember the wonderful things he has done, then and now. He calls us to lay aside those things which can hinder our ministry for him. And he calls us to trust in him, he has this.
Action Step: _________________________________
Welcome To Our Church Service
Here at Shelton Christian Church!
LIVE STREAMING now. Three ways to find us. 1. Go to YouTube.com and search for Shelton Christian Church. One option should say “Live” in red. If not we are not streaming yet. 2. Go to Facebook and the Shelton Christian Church Group and find the link. 3. Go to Sheltonchristian.com and find a link on the first page.
Parking Lot Listeners? Come into the building to get your communion and a church bulletin. (Remember to mask up) We will have an FM transmitter to broadcast into the parking lot for those who want to be part of this but are not ready to enter the building. The station has changed and we will have it posted on the wall above the transmitter. And like always, we post the service on the church website later on Sunday.
Offerings: Lastly, thanks so much for remembering our church. We have been able to operate here and pay the bills. There are several options, like mail a check, online bill pay at your banking institution or stop by the office. Call to make sure we are here. Today you may put your offering in the box as you enter the sanctuary.
We have a donation link on our website as well. Check it out.
April 17 Half Day of Prayer
April 20 Elder’s Meeting
April 22 Men’s Gathering
April 24 NWC Women’s Conference— at Black Lake Bible Camp
April 26 Bruce & Sherry leave for Zimbabwe
“Do this in
remembrance of Me.”