For the Week of November 3
(A convenient tear-off to keep for your prayer time)
· Adoration & Praise—The LORD your God—Deuteronomy 28:1-2
· Confession—(Psalm 51, 1 John 1:9)
· Thankfulness—(1 Thess. 5:16-18)
· Supplication—(Philippians 4:6-7)
· SCC Missions Support: Global Vision Citadel Ministries; Maudi Newman—Shelton Family Center; Care Net Pregnancy Center; Christian Evangelistic Association; Pleasant Valley Christian Camp; Habitat For Humanity & Love, Inc. of Mason County
· Pray for our country to seek after God’s Righteousness
· SCC Leadership—Pastor Bruce & Youth Minister Sherry, Elders, Ministry Community, Bible Teachers & Worship Leaders
· The Hispanic Church here at SCC
· Our shut-ins—Helga Martin, Don McBride, Will Wyatt
· The country of Haiti—unrest & poverty healing for the Haitian people
· Veteran’s Weekend AMOR House build Team—Nov. 8-11th - Prays for a great ministry trip and safe travels
· Maryann Blanton, John’s mother—cancer returned, strength and peace needed
· Haas Harvey—continued healing
· Steve Patterson—continued healing
· Will Wyatt—strength for the day
· Cliff Johnson’s mother, Jackie—healing and rehabilitation needed
· Hippo Valley Christian Mission in Zimbabwe—God’s continued provision
Please update your prayer requests.
Mark Your Calendars
Make Every Effort
Big Idea: Being a Christian means we have a challenge before us.
I. The command is
A. We are to live at _____________ with all.
B. We are to be _____________.
C. Maybe we see the two _____________ we live in.
D. Without holiness we will see _____________.
E. No _____________ for you.
II. _____________ specifics are listed to fulfill the command.
A. See to it that no one fall _____________ of grace.
B. See to it that no bitter _____________ grows.
C. See to it that no one is sexually _____________.
D. See to it that no one is godless.
III. The example is _____________.
A. The NIV makes it look like Esau is godless. He is _________.
B. Esau was willing to give up _____________ for momentary.
C. He took a bowl of soup in exchange for a _____________.
D. He gave up his inheritance for some _____________.
E. The seeds of hate and unholiness are _____________.
Challenge: As we look at this passage, a path lays before us. It ends in the presence of God. It passes through the world of men. Earlier the author calls us to run the race. We were told not to lose our focus. The same message is before us today. Make the effort to live at peace and to be holy. We are holy because of the blood of Jesus. Lets not defile ourselves: bitter root and immorality. Lets see God. What areas of my life require this effort?
Action Step: _____________________________