For the Week of May 20
(A convenient tear-off to keep for your prayer time)
· Adoration & Praise—Great God—1 John 4:4
· Confession—(Psalm 51, 1 John 1:9)
· Thankfulness—(1 Thess. 5:16-18)
· Supplication—(Philippians 4:6-7)
· SCC Missions Support: Global Vision Citadel Ministries; Maudi Newman—Youth; Care Net Pregnancy Center; Christian Evangelistic Association; Pleasant Valley Christian Camp; Habitat For Humanity
· Pray for our country to seek after God’s Righteousness
· SCC Leadership—Pastor Bruce & Youth Minister Sherry, Elders, Ministry Community, Bible Teachers & Worship Leaders
· New Hispanic Church Ministry here at SCC
· Our shut-ins—Evelyn Moore, Helga Martin, Don McBride
· Nellie Christian’s Family
· Will Wyatt—strength for the day
· Bob Cobstill—continued prayers needed for healing
· Cliff Johnson’s mother, Jackie—healing and rehabilitation needed
· Helga Martin—prayer for health issues
· Terri Thompson—continued healing
· Those with depression and anxiety.
· For those young and old who need to find salvation through Jesus. May they find love and forgiveness.
· Those children & youth going on mission trips and summer camps this summer
Please update your prayer requests occasionally, contact Debbie.
Dates To Remember
It’s All About Connections
Text: Colossians 3:1-8
Big Idea: Since (if) we are in Christ and he is in us we will seek to maintain our connections with him.
I. To keep that connection we will ___________ the things where he is.
A. This is 'in the ___________ talk.
B. Earlier Paul talked about all the divine ___________.
C. We are called to seek out this God stuff, heavenly ___________ and qualities.
D. The false teachers had called for ___________, Paul wants internals.
II. To keep that connection we ___________ on the 'above' qualities.
A. It is a matter of ___________ and priority.
B. Sometimes we get myopic in our ___________.
C. We died to the ___________ values, or we supposedly were.
D. In Philippians, he characterizes these ___________ as: true, noble, right, pure, lovely and admirable.
III. To keep that connection we ___________ the earthly.
A. Paul uses ___________ language here - put to death.
B. These things he is going to list are ___________.
C. There is ___________#1 - sexual immorality, lust, evil desires, and greed.
D. Notice these are a form of ___________.
E. God's ___________ is coming again these things.
F. Then there is ___________#2 - anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language.
G. The old is to go. We put on the ___________.
Challenge: The old has a powerful attraction for us. We used to live there. Our focus was on self. What is best for me? What do I like, want, what makes me happy? Being in Christ has a different focus. To keep the heavenly focus we have to keep the connection with Christ. And we do that by living, dwelling, seeking the things of heaven and our Savior.
Action Step: __________________________________________
· Men’s Gathering May 24
· PVCC Serve Camp May 25-28
· Half Day of Prayer May 26
· Last Sunday School until Fall May 27
· Ministry Community (date change) May 29
· Last Kingdom Kids with BBQ May 30
· Youth Yard Sale June 2
· Top of the Hill Potluck @ Dumar’s June 24
· First Chance Camp (2nd-3rd graders) July 5-7
· Middle School Camp July 8-13
· Youth Mexico Mission Trip July 6-16
· Top of the Hill Potluck @ Palmer’s July 29
· Jr. Camp (4th-6th) August 5-11
· Senior Saints Camp “One Step Beyond” Sept. 6-8
· “Quilting In the Woods” Camp Oct. 12-14
Our beloved Sister-in Christ, Nellie Christian passed away on April 24, 2018. There will be a memorial service following church today at noon.
For any camp information and to register, go to www.pleasantvalleycamp.org
Anyone interested in Serve Camp at the end of the month?