For the Week of May 5
(A convenient tear-off to keep for your prayer time)
· Adoration & Praise—A Sure Foundation: Isaiah 28:16
· Confession—(Psalm 51, 1 John 1:9)
· Thankfulness—(1 Thess. 5:16-18)
· Supplication—(Philippians 4:6-7)
· SCC Missions Support: Global Vision Citadel Ministries; Maudi Newman—Shelton Family Center; Care Net Pregnancy Center; Christian Evangelistic Association; Pleasant Valley Christian Camp; Habitat For Humanity & Love, Inc. of Mason County, Jono & Marie Miller
· Pray for our country to seek after God’s Righteousness
· SCC Leadership—Pastor Bruce & Youth Minister Sherry, Elders, Ministry Community, Bible Teachers & Worship Leaders
· The Hispanic Church here at SCC
· Our shut-ins—Helga Martin, Don McBride, Will Wyatt
· Will Wyatt—strength for the day
· Cliff Johnson’s mother, Jackie—healing and rehabilitation needed
· Helga Martin—health
· The country of Haiti—unrest & poverty, healing for those recently seen in the medical clinics from our mission
· Those who are facing great changes
· Those who are facing great loss
Please update your prayer requests occasionally, contact Debbie.
Text: Ephesians 6:10-17
Big Idea: Preparing for the mission we are on requires several steps.
I. We have to ___________ the opposition.
A. We are often tempted to chose the ________________ battles.
B. Our opponents are not our _______________ humans.
C. The battle comes from "______________ places" and the heavenlies.
D. We see they are _______________, evil, and cunning.
E. We dare not take them _________________.
F. And they are coming against us and against the ________________.
II. To face this enemy we must ___________ ourselves.
A. We are to ___________ our ground against the enemy. And win.
B. Paul takes ___________ previously talked about as the armor.
C. Most are ___________ weapons.
D. One or two are our ___________ ones.
III. We then _________________ our unit.
A. Soldiers didn't and don't fight _________________.
B. Armies are arranged into units each ___________ those above and below them.
C. Ephesians is about the ___________.
D. This is more about the ___________.
E. Ephesians 2 uses a different symbol a ______________.
Challenge: One of the challenges that we face as we read this, and most of Ephesians (and the NT) is we are individualistic in our thought. For us church carries three meanings: a building, a gathering, and the universal. We need to be ready to stand for each other and with each other. We must take up our armor, train, prepare, train, and face the battle. There is safety in numbers, no matter the enemy.
Action Step: _________________________________
Mark Your Calendars
So this is what the Sovereign Lord says:
“See I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation; the one who trusts will never be dismayed.”
JESUS, A SURE FOUNDATION