For the Week of January 13
(A convenient tear-off to keep for your prayer time)
· Adoration & Praise—Author & Finisher of our Faith—Hebrews 12:1-2
· Confession—(Psalm 51, 1 John 1:9)
· Thankfulness—(1 Thess. 5:16-18)
· Supplication—(Philippians 4:6-7)
· SCC Missions Support: Global Vision Citadel Ministries; Maudi Newman—Shelton Family Center; Care Net Pregnancy Center; Christian Evangelistic Association; Pleasant Valley Christian Camp; Habitat For Humanity & Love, Inc. of Mason County
· Pray for our country to seek after God’s Righteousness
· SCC Leadership—Pastor Bruce & Youth Minister Sherry, Elders, Ministry Community, Bible Teachers & Worship Leaders
· Johnson & Pentony Family– Prayers of comfort for the families following the passing of daughter and sister, Sharon.
· Howard & Blanton Family—Dode Howards’s memorial service is this Saturday, prayers of comfort for their family
· Rothrock/Thompson Family—Terri Thompson, Debbie Rothrock’s sister passed away early Friday morning, prayers of comfort in their grief
· The Hispanic Church here at SCC
· Our shut-ins—Helga Martin, Don McBride, Will Wyatt
· Will Wyatt—strength for the day
· Cliff Johnson’s mother, Jackie—healing and rehabilitation needed
· Helga Martin—health
· Those who are facing great changes
· Those who are facing great loss
Please update your prayer requests occasionally, contact Debbie.
Lord, My Brother . . .
Text: Ephesians 1:15-23
Big Idea: Paul has a three part prayer for these saints in Ephesus, and beyond.
I. Paul _____________ God for them.
Not just Ephesian saints but _____ saints through the ages.
He is thankful for their _____________.
He is thankful for what God is doing in their _____________.
II. Paul requests that the Spirit continue helping them _____________.
So they can more full know God, they may have the spirit of _____________.
He wants them to be enlightened to know their _________.
He wants them to understand the inheritance they ______ for God.
III. He wishes them to be reminded of the awesome __________ of God.
It is first seen in their _____________.
It is primarily demonstrated in the power to defeat _____________ in Jesus.
It is also demonstrated in the seating of Jesus ___________ all things.
It is a power that was both present and _____________
Challenge: I would suggest that we first of all are the subjects of this prayer. Paul would want these same things for us as well. Yet, as fellow saints, we can offer these same requests for the saints we know and love. Who can you be remembering, and thanking God for, and praying they might continue to grow and mature by the power of God?
Action Step: __________________________________
· Elder’s meeting Jan. 15
· Breakfast For Camp Jan. 20
· Men’s Gathering Jan. 24
· Annual Meeting Jan. 27
· Ladies Draw Me Close Feb. 14
· Kids Winter Retreat(4th-6th) Feb. 15-18
· Medical Trip to Haiti April 2-13
Dates To Remember
Youth & Kids Camp Fundraiser Breakfast
Sunday, January 20
8:00 a.m. until Sunday School
SCC’s Annual Meeting
Sunday, January 27th