For the Week of March 3
(A convenient tear-off to keep for your prayer time)
· Adoration & Praise—Ruler of Everything—Ephesians 4:6
· Confession—(Psalm 51, 1 John 1:9)
· Thankfulness—(1 Thess. 5:16-18)
· Supplication—(Philippians 4:6-7)
· SCC Missions Support: Global Vision Citadel Ministries; Maudi Newman—Shelton Family Center; Care Net Pregnancy Center; Christian Evangelistic Association; Pleasant Valley Christian Camp; Habitat For Humanity & Love, Inc. of Mason County, Jono & Marie Miller
· Pray for our country to seek after God’s Righteousness
· SCC Leadership—Pastor Bruce & Youth Minister Sherry, Elders, Ministry Community, Bible Teachers & Worship Leaders
· The Hispanic Church here at SCC
· Our shut-ins—Helga Martin, Don McBride, Will Wyatt
· Our Orphanage in Haiti - one of the young women, Flancia passed away this week, pray for the community as they grieve
· Will Wyatt—strength for the day
· Cliff Johnson’s mother, Jackie—healing and rehabilitation needed
· Helga Martin—health
· The country of Haiti—unrest & poverty
· The SCC Haiti Medical Mission Trip—current political upheaval in Haiti, pray for peace in their country
· Those who are facing great changes
· Those who are facing great loss
Please update your prayer requests occasionally, contact Debbie.
Not Like an Egyptian
Text: Ephesians 4:17-31
Big Idea: Paul lays out both the negative side and positive side of our walk as a Christian.
I. We are not to live like the _____________ of his day.
A. They are _____________ in their thinking
B. They are _____________ in their understanding
C. The are _____________ from the life of God.
D. They have lost sensitivity _____________.
II. We are to live according to the _____________ of Christ.
A. Put off _____________ self
B. Be made with a _____________ attitude
C. Put on a new _____________.
III. We are to live _____________ lives.
A. Watch our _____________
B. Work to _____________ ourselves and others.
C. _____________ our mouth.
D. Let the Spirit _____________.
E. Put away _____________ things
F. Be _____________ and compassionate.
Challenge: In a word, don't let the world shape us, shape the world. Just because many people think something is OK, doesn't make it so. Vogue magazine does not set our standard. Time's "Person of the Year" may not be God's choice. What needs to be adjusted in our lives, in your life, to reflect our Christ and His walk?
Action Step: __________________________________
· Bruce & Sherry to Zimbabwe March 18-31
· Men’s Gathering March 28
· Half Day of Prayer March 30
· Medical Trip to Haiti April 3-15
· NO Kingdom Kids April 3 & 10
· Palm Sunday April 14
· Good Friday Service April 19
· Easter Sunday April 21
· Northwest Christian Women’s Conference Apr. 26-28
· First Chance Camp Jun 30-July 2
· Youth Mexico Mission Trip July 5-15
Dates To Remember