For the Week of August 2
(A convenient tear-off to keep for your prayer time)
· Adoration & Praise—Life-giver—John 10:10
· Confession—(Psalm 51, 1 John 1:9)
· Thankfulness—(1 Thess. 5:16-18)
· Supplication—(Philippians 4:6-7)
· SCC Missions Support: Global Vision Citadel Ministries; Maudi Newman—Shelton Family Center; Care Net Pregnancy Center; Christian Evangelistic Association; Pleasant Valley Christian Camp; Habitat For Humanity & Love, Inc. of Mason County
· SCC Leadership—Pastor Bruce & Youth Minister Sherry, Elders, Ministry Community, Bible Teachers & Worship Leaders
· 2020 SCC Elders—Hebrews 13:17-18, Mike Woods, Rick Korver, John Blanton, Ken Keiper, Gabriel Newman, Don Kunkle, Bill Adam, Cliff Johnson & Bob Cobstill
· Pray for our country to seek after God’s Righteousness in our country’s current and future leadership
· Prayers for all essential workers, health care workers, etc.
· Our shut-ins—Helga Martin, Virginia Howe & those elderly staying home for virus exposure risks
· Richie Lingle—two broken ankles, pray for a complete healing
· Maudi Newman’s stepmother, Val—that she continues to breathe on her own, pray for healing. Also for Maudi’s father and brother to remain strong through this
· Paula Reid’s brother, Howard—92 year old, last stages of dementia
· Beca & Nathan Sartori—Pray for continued healing for Beca; for Nathan as he is a caregiver for her
· Frank DuMars—continued healing for a broken hip
· Denny—Mary Wyatt’s son-in-law’s brother—brain tumor—pray for healing and successful radiation treatments
· Linda Cobstill’s dad—is ready to pass
· Bob Cobstill’s brother-in-law, liver testing
· The country of Haiti—health & protection for our Haitian neighbors
· Hippo Valley Christian Mission in Zimbabwe—God’s continued provision
Please update your prayer requests.
Welcome To Our Church Service Here at
Shelton Christian Church!
We will have an FM transmitter to broadcast into the parking lot for those who want to be part of this but are not ready to enter the building. It is on 95.5. FYI, there will be no Sunday School, Children’s Church or Nursery. However the nursery will be open for kids who need changed or are getting fussy and need a place to hang out. And like always, we post the service on the church website later on Sunday.
Will you do us a favor please? If you know someone who is not on Facebook, or gets email can you let them know what is up? We will do our best to get the word out but if everyone helps more people will know. Thanks.
Lastly, thanks so much for remembering our church. We have been able to operate here and pay the bills. There are several options, like mail a check, online bill pay at your banking institution or stop by the office. Call to make sure we are here. Today you may put your offering in the box as you enter the sanctuary. We have a donation link on our website as well. Check it out.
Youth Group Yard Sale—8/8 @9:00 to 3;00
Mark Your Calendars
Text: Matthew 23
Big Idea: As we look at what Jesus says about and to the Pharisees and Teachers of the Law, we can glean some important warning for ourselves.
I. Warning, watch out for ____________.
A. Do what you ____________.
B. Don’t be ____________or arrogant.
C. Take care of the ____________and the rest will follow.
II. Warning, don’t be ____________to whom and what you are.
A. Don’t try to make others like ____________.
B. Keep your ____________, forget loopholes.
C. Pay attention to the ____________important things.
D. Take an ____________look at your heart.
E. Take care not to ____________ God’s messengers.
III. Come to ____________.
A. Jesus so wants to ____________us to himself.
B. He uses the hen and chick ____________.
C. Refusal will prove deadly, and ____________.
Challenge: Whenever I read these condemnations and warnings I am challenged. It is so easy to become self-important. It is a danger of our world view. It is easy to become self-reliant thinking we need nothing. It is too easy to become judgmental, using ourselves as the standard of judgment. Jesus calls us to a different scale, his scale.
Action Step: _________________________