For the Week of October 18
(A convenient tear-off to keep for your
· Adoration & Praise—Compassionate GodLamentations 3:22
· Confession—(Psalm 51, 1 John 1:9)
· Thankfulness—(1 Thess. 5:16-18)
· Supplication—(Philippians 4:6-7)
· SCC Missions Support: Global Vision Citadel Ministries; Maudi Newman—Shelton Family Center; Care Net Pregnancy Center; Christian Evangelistic Association; Pleasant Valley Christian Camp; Habitat For Humanity & Love, Inc. of Mason County
· SCC Leadership—Pastor Bruce & Youth Minister Sherry, Elders, Ministry Community, Bible Teachers & Worship Leaders
· 2020 SCC Elders—Hebrews 13:17-18, Mike Woods, Rick Korver, John Blanton, Ken Keiper, Gabriel Newman, Don Kunkle, Bill Adam, Cliff Johnson & Bob Cobstill
· Pray for our country to seek after God’s Righteousness in our country’s current and future leadership
· Prayers for all essential workers, health care workers, police, & correctional workers, etc.
· Prayers for families as they homeschool their children
· Our shut-ins—Helga Martin, Virginia Howe, Olive Lanman & those elderly staying home for virus exposure risks
· Prayers for those with anxiety and depression
· Prayers for healing in families in turmoil during Covid.
· Carol Alexander—continued healing of her hip replacement
· Beca & Nathan Sartori—Pray for continued healing for Beca, specifically building strength and endurance in physical therapy
· Gabe Newman’s Aunt Patty—healing
· Gil Palmer—healing
· Denny—Mary Wyatt’s son-in-law’s brother—brain tumor—pray for healing and successful radiation treatments
· Ricardo del Bosque—an acquaintance of Lori Wickett—is now negative for Covid. Continued prayer needed for his recovery phase.
· The country of Haiti—health & protection for our Haitian neighbors
· Hippo Valley Christian Mission in Zimbabwe—God’s continued provision
Please update your prayer requests.
Welcome To Our Church Service Here at
Shelton Christian Church!
We will have an FM transmitter to broadcast into the parking lot for those who want to be part of this but are not ready to enter the building. It is on 95.5. FYI, there will be no Sunday School, Children’s Church or Nursery. However the nursery will be open for kids who need changed or are getting fussy and need a place to hang out. And like always, we post the service on the church website later on Sunday.
Will you do us a favor please? If you know someone who is not on Facebook, or gets email can you let them know what is up? We will do our best to get the word out but if everyone helps more people will know. Thanks.
Lastly, thanks so much for remembering our church. We have been able to operate here and pay the bills. There are several options, like mail a check, online bill pay at your banking institution or stop by the office. Call to make sure we are here. Today you may put your offering in the box as you enter the sanctuary. We have a donation link on our website as well. Check it out.
Text: John 16:33
Big Idea: Because of Jesus’s victory we have nothing to fear.
I. This so that you may have _____________ in me.
A. Jesus has spent several chapters telling his disciples _____________is about to happen.
B. The _____________for this information is so they can be at peace.
C. In John 14:27 Jesus processes us a peace that the world cannot _____________.
II. This world is _____________.
A. This trouble will include _____________and persecution.
B. This trouble will include internal _____________.
C. It is the antithesis of _____________.
III. Take heart, I have overcome. And so will you.
A. In a few hours Jesus will confront the ‘_____________’ head on.
B. He will be _____________, mocked, scourged, and crucified.
C. People will demand his _____________.
D. But come Sunday morning he _____________ it all.
E. He overcomes his _____________.
F. He overcomes _____________ enemies, sin and death.
G. He overcomes the ‘_____________’ of this world.
H. John will note in his letter that _____________ too are overcomers.
Challenge: Frankly, these are not peaceful times. We don’t have any kind of consensus on health questions. Our country is deeply divided over political issues. Some among us are hurting financially, others emotionally, and too many of us spiritually. Jesus’s answer? Take heart. Troubles will come. But in the end, I’ve got this. I have taken care of the big, really important stuff. So be at peace.
Action Step: ________________________________