For the Week of December 3
(A convenient tear-off to keep for your prayer time)
· Adoration & Praise—Perfect Faithfulness, Isaiah 25:1
· Confession—(Psalm 51, 1 John 1:9
· Thankfulness—(1 Thess. 5:16-18)
· Supplication—(Philippians 4:6-7)
· SCC Missions Support: Global Vision Citadel Ministries; Youth For Christ, Maudi Newman; Care Net Pregnancy Center; Christian Evangelistic Association; Pleasant Valley Christian Camp; Habitat For Humanity
· Pray for our country to seek after God’s Righteousness
· SCC Leadership—Pastor Bruce & Youth Minister Sherry, Elders, Ministry Community, Bible Teachers & Worship Leaders
· Our shut-ins—Evelyn Moore, Helga Martin, & Don McBride
· David Campbell—(Gail Campbell’s husband) healing and physical therapy; had a pulmonary embolism , pray for meds to be success
· Cliff Johnson’s mother, Jackie—in assisted living and needs healing and rehabilitation
· Duane and Joyce Faulkner’s son, Alan—has an intestinal ulcer and needs healing
· Helga Martin—prayer for health issues
· Lori Wickett—continued healing following shoulder surgery and physical therapy
· Kathy Sisson—healing from on-going sinus infection and low immunity from chemo
· Terri Thompson—healing
· Those with depression and anxiety.
Please update your prayer requests occasionally, contact Debbie.
Text: Isaiah 25:6-26:6
Big Idea: This Advent we look at what the Messiah came to accomplish. We will look at four this season.
I. The Messiah comes to execute _____________.
A. One of the roles of the Messiah was to be a (the) _________.
B. He does not judge by appearance but _____________.
C. He knows the _____________ of all.
D. "So blind will see and those who see will become blind."
II. The Messiah comes for another _____________.
A. Several times ___________ notes that his purpose in coming.
B. He came to _____________ the world.
C. Yet, because of who he is and that role, _________ must occur.
D. This judgment is the great end _____________.
III. The Messiah's coming is a mixed _____________.
A. Not all judgments are _____________.
B. For the faithful it is _____________ news.
C. Here is where our text comes in. Isaiah 25:6-26:6
Challenge: Here comes the judge. The idea of a judge is about leveling the playing field and making all things finally fair and equitable. That he is the judge removes my responsibility of being the judge. And besides, our standards for others will be the standard used for us.
Action Step: __________________________________
Kingdom Kids Caroling
If you or someone you know would like to have the children carolers visit, please let Debbie know this week. (360-490-5869) They would love to come sing for you!