For the Week of February 11
(A convenient tear-off to keep for your prayer time)
· Adoration & Praise—Living Water—John 4
· Confession—(Psalm 51, 1 John 1:9)
· Thankfulness—(1 Thess. 5:16-18)
· Supplication—(Philippians 4:6-7)
· SCC Missions Support: Global Vision Citadel Ministries; Youth For Christ, Maudi Newman; Care Net Pregnancy Center; Christian Evangelistic Association; Pleasant Valley Christian Camp; Habitat For Humanity
· Pray for our country to seek after God’s Righteousness
· SCC Leadership—Pastor Bruce & Youth Minister Sherry, Elders, Ministry Community, Bible Teachers & Worship Leaders
· New Hispanic Church Ministry here at SCC
· Our shut-ins—Evelyn Moore, Helga Martin, & Don McBride
· Joanne Norris—continued strength and healing
· Vera Sutton—healing following eye surgery
· Bob Cobstill—continued prayers needed for healing
· Cliff Johnson’s mother, Jackie—in assisted living and needs healing and rehabilitation
· Helga Martin—prayer for health issues
· Terri Thompson—healing
· Those with depression and anxiety.
· For those young and old who need to find salvation through Jesus. May they find love and forgiveness, and learn to submit their lives to His authority as Lord over them.
Please update your prayer requests occasionally, contact Debbie.
Big, Bad, Scary God
Text: Proverbs 3:7; Eccl 12:14; Job 42:2-3
Big Idea: Let's explore together some of what it means to fear the Lord or to have the fear of the Lord.
I. Through Scripture, we are told to ____________the Lord.
A. English the idea of fear is foreboding and ____________.
B. The Wisdom literature has a ____________understanding.
C. In Proverbs, it is the ____________of wisdom.
D. For Ecclesiastes, it is the best way to ____________life.
E. Job finds fear of the Lord as the culmination of his _________.
II. ____________ is biblical fear?
A. Reverence and awe are at the ____________.
B. ____________is the natural outcome of this fear.
C. It stems from an understanding more completely ____________ God is.
D. Fear of the Lord is ____________.
III. How then do we ____________this fear we are to possess?
A. Fear sets our ____________.
B. Fear puts ____________on our relationships.
C. Awe and reverence ____________our worship.
D. Healthy respect dictates our ____________.
E. We understand that he is ____________than loving.
Challenge: I personally am not wanting to cower in the corner, fearing for life and limb. Fear could cause me to never venture from my safe place, never trust, and miss out of the love and grace God has for us. To be outside the good graces of God is not the place to be. Inside those graces we still experience a deep reverence and awe, expressed in worship and obedience. Fear the Lord and learn his commands. These books thought that good advice and so it still remains. What do I need to change in my actions and attitudes to truly fear my Lord?
Action Step: _____________________________________