For the Week of October 15
(A convenient tear-off to keep for your prayer time)
· Adoration & Praise—The LORD, Right & True (Psalm 33:4)
· Confession—(Psalm 51, 1 John 1:9)
· Thankfulness—(1 Thess. 5:16-18)
· Supplication—(Philippians 4:6-7)
· SCC Missions Support: Global Vision Citadel Ministries; Youth For Christ, Maudi Newman; Care Net Pregnancy Center; Christian Evangelistic Association; Pleasant Valley Christian Camp; Habitat For Humanity
· Pray for our country to seek after God’s Righteousness
· SCC Leadership—Pastor Bruce & Youth Minister Sherry, Elders, Ministry Community, Bible Teachers & Worship Leaders
· Our shut-ins—Evelyn Moore, Helga Martin, & Don McBride
· Those needing to rebuild following hurricanes & wildfires around the US
· Bill Reed—continued healing following surgery
· Joyce Faulkner—continued prayer for healing
· Lori Wickett—continued healing following shoulder surgery and physical therapy
· David Campbell—(Gail Campbell’s husband) continued healing needed, physical therapy, is at home now, praises!
· Kathy Sisson—healing from sinus infection and low immunity from chemo
· Terri Thompson—healing
· Those with depression and anxiety.
Please update your prayer requests occasionally, contact Debbie.
The Lessons to Teach
Text: Titus 2:2-6
Big Idea: Paul shares the lessons to be learned by four groups of people. These groups cover us all.
I. Paul says there are lessons for ___________ guys.
A. This ___________ guy was to each them.
B. They need ___________.
C. They are to learn ___________.
II. Paul moves on to the old ___________.
A. They were to be ___________.
B. On the negative side - ___________ speech.
C. On the positive side ___________ the young gals.
III. Paul then talks about the ___________ gals.
A. It is worth noting that the ___________ were to teach them.
B. How to love their ___________.
C. They are to be ___________.
D. They can handle ___________ management.
E. These seem to be most responsible for ___________.
IV. The final group is the young ___________.
A. Just one thing here, ___________.
B. It is ___________ to have self-control.
C. It is a ___________ effort.
(Continued on the next column)
(Continued from Sermon Notes page)
Challenge: Being a learner is key to living the life to which we have been called. We learn from reading God's word. We learn from experience. And we learn from each other. Titus, as a youth church leader had his place. You and I have our places in the chain of teaching and learning. We never learn it all. We won't if we aren't willing to listen and apply the lessons others have to teach. Am I willing to learn and to teach others around me?
Action Step: ________________________________